Rabbi Craig Marantz
Director of Cong. Learning - Sarah Bracha Gershuny
Cantorial Soloist - Tami Cherdack
Shirley Reaback Early Childhood Center
Life Long Learning
Fund List / Descriptions
Congregation Kol Haverim - Fund List / Descriptions
See also our
page to make an online contribution to any of the funds below.
- Provides support for operational needs and programs of the congregation, under direction of Board of Trustees.
-Creates long-term endowment for congregation, to provide financial stability over longer time period.
Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund
-Use provided under Rabbi’s discretion and direction to appropriate resources, organizations and individuals.
Adult Education Fund
- Provides support for Jewish adult and life-long learning.
- Provides programming, social and service opportunities for the men of Kol Haverim.
Building Reserve Fund
- Supports maintenance and expansion of Temple property, both anticipated and emergency. Used to fund capital improvement projects.
Caring Community Fund
- Provides resources for volunteers who support and assist members of the congregation during times of sadness and joy. Support may include meals, visits, transportation.
- Provides funding for programs and projects associated with the religious school.
- Provides funding for energy-saving or environmental improvements to building and grounds.
Informal Youth Education Fund
- Provides support for educational initiatives outside the classroom, managed by the Youth Committee.
Jewish Author Endowment Fund
- Provides support for special programs to invite and promote Jewish authors.
- Provides for the beautification of the Temple grounds.
- Provides funds for the purchase of books, which can be lent to members.
- Enhances musical appreciation and enrichment for religious school, worship and other musical events.
- Provides funding for programs and events that facilitate welcoming, engaging, educating and supporting the interfaith community within and outside of Kol Haverim.
Ritual Arts Fund
- Provides religious artifacts to beautify the building and sanctuary, and works in partnership with the Rabbi to provide for the ritual needs of our congregation.
- Provides programming, spiritual and social opportunities for the women of Kol Haverim.
Social Action Fund
- Provides support for the Social Justice committee to meet needs of the outside community (i.e., soup kitchen, literacy volunteers, blood drive, etc.).
- Provides support for the growing and changing technological requirements of the congregation.
Youth Group Fund
- Provides support, activities, and oversight for our Junior and Senior Temple youth groups.
Youth Scholarship Fund
- Provides support for youth to attend Jewish camps and Jewish learning experiences.
Member of Union for Reform Judaism
©2012 Congregation Kol Haverim, 1079 Hebron Ave., Glastonbury, CT 06033 | Phone: (860) 633-3966, Fax: (860) 657-2799 |