For further information about any of the activities below, please contact Chris Bausmith
- Life Long Learning - Provides for the Jewish Education needs of our adult congregation.
- Book Club - Meets monthly to discuss books with Jewish themes.
- Caring Circle - Provides support and assistance for members of the congregation during times of sadness and joy. (Illness, death of a loved one, life cycle celebrations) Under the auspices of the Kol Haverim sisterhood. (Open to all).
- Communication - Provides oversight of publicity, Bulletin, mailings, and Web site.
- Education - Provides support and oversight of our religious school programs.
- Finance - Provides oversight of congregational budget and finances.
- Fundraising - Provides ongoing programs which support the financial needs of the congregation.
- Hospitality - Provides for Onegs and other celebratory needs of the congregation. Also provides for greeters who help make our congregation a more welcoming place.
- House - Oversees maintenance and upkeep of our facility.
- Interfaith - Represents Kol Haverim on and involves itself in the programs of the Glastonbury Interfaith Council (Interfaith Thanksgiving service, CROP walk, etc).
- Kitchen - Monitors and provides for the needs of our synagogue kitchen facilities.
- Landscaping - Provides for the outdoor beautification of our facility.
- Library - Oversees and supports the needs of our new synagogue library.
- Membership - Provides programs to recruit and integrate new members and retain current members of the congregation.
- Outreach - Provides support and programming for interfaith families, Jews by choice, and those wishing to become Jews by choice (converts to Judaism).
- Preschool - Provides support for the SRECC preschool program, in partnership with the Greater Hartford Jewish Community Center.
- Ritual - Works in partnership with the rabbi to provide for the ritual needs of our congregation (Shabbat worship, Holy Day and festival worship, etc.)
- Social Action - Involves the congregation in programs that provides support to the outside community. (soup kitchen, literacy volunteers, blood drive, etc.)
- Special Events - Provides and directs one to two Major fundraising events to help support the needs of the congregation.
- Youth - GRSLY (Glastonbury Reform Synagogue Leadership Youth) is Kol Haverim’s Senior Youth Group. Our senior youth group provides social, cultural, and informal education programming for 9th-12th young people in 9th-12th grade.